Along with the going of winter and the arrival of spring comes the season of braids. It’s all so popular that around 3 out of every 5 girls in New Zealand and United Kingdom would be sure to carry a braid.
For those of you who wish to be different and want to stand out from the crowd, here’s the perfect technique.
- Wash your hair gently with water, and dry them using a towel. It is recommended to use a towel instead of a dryer because a little moisture is required when going about making the braid.
- Find a wide comb or brush with a number of teeth and comb your hair in a manner such that there are no knots or tangles in the hair.
- Alike the regular style of hair braids, split your hair into 3 sections equally. Unlike the regular braid which involved making sure that all the three sections are equal and that none is thicker than the other, You make the second or the middle section thicker than the other two by a difference of not more than 1.5.
- Now following the regular braid, we need to make the middle section in braids without having to disturb the other 2 sections. Also, make sure that the braid is neat and not rough with hair coming out of it. Tip: Try using a circular comb before you go on to make the braid.
- Find yourself a nice hair elastic and not necessarily one with a lot of design or colour but go on for the more simpler ones. After the braid is complete make sure to use apply the elastic around it so that it combines with the whole and acts as one.
- Now like you did in Step 4. Take the other 2 sections of hair which were kept thinner than the middle one and make a regular braid without changing or enhancing anything it in. It should look just like a regular braid but then there a lot of change coming its way.
- Now that you’ve made a braid entirely with the 2 thicker strand or sections of hair, find them a different hair elastic and tie them up like you did with the thicker strand in step 5. Tip: Find a rather bright coloured hair elastic for the braid and make it differentiable than the rest of the strands.
- Now arrives the special changes in the braid which will easily make your hair stand out from the rest. And what comes to the rescue is no other than a spiral ring. Yea, they seem so normal but they intact will make your hair even more enhanced and restful.
- So after you’ve found an appropriate spiral ring for your hair, use it to cover up for the hair elastic. This somehow causes your hair to look like a bouquet of some sort and thereby makes the entire difference.
Hope you liked this way of making a braid. Make sure to test it with your hair and leave your response in the comment section below. Also, for a photo tutorial on the same, go to the pictures section on our Facebook page here.